Multi Cubby Bin Organizer from Brookstone is a great addition to anyone’s home. It’s a fantastic and versatile piece of furniture. Stacking 4 to 8 of them in a basement, garage, or playroom adds a generous amount of storage. One or two sets of cubbies side by side or stacked are great for a child’s room or laundry room. I also like the backward tilt of the cubby shelf. Items are more likely to stay put because of the backward slant. They come in a wood stained finish and in black.
Repurposing vintage items into organizers adds eclectic flair to your home. I am all about getting rid of clutter, but when it comes to a great vintage suitcase, I see a creative storage item. Vintage trays, muffin pans, suitcases and more can become a cool way of organizing a part of your home.
Vintage Repurposing Ideas:
- Vintage Suitcases. As long as your suitcase is in decent condition, without mold or mildew, it can become a great place to store your keepsakes, photographs, favorite vintage books, a display case, seasonal accessories, and many more.
- Vintage China: A few teacups with saucers can become a great place to organize your jewelry, pocket change, keys, or any other small items that need to be sorted.
- Vintage Muffin Pans: Muffin pans are great for sorting small office supplies. They can be used as a junk drawer organizer, jewelry organizer, bead organizer, sewing supplies,…
- Mason Jars: Mason jars are great for organizing in the kitchen. They are great for storing dry items, such as, spices, beans and rice. They are great for sorting just about any small to medium sized object that needs to be sorted.
- Wooden crates: Mount several crates on a wall to make a cute set of cubby shelving.
I love the hall tree storage bench from Target. It is a great addition to any entryway or mudroom. It has storage for coats and additional bench storage for other items. This is a great addition for any home. I like having an easy to find place to keep my coat and keys. The mirror and bench help you to finish getting ready. You can take one last look in the mirror to make sure you are looking your best and have a place to sit while you are putting on your shoes. This is also a great addition for people with children. They can keep their backpacks, coats on or inside the bench. The 3 shoe bin from the Container Store can be a nice addition to keep shoes tidy inside the bench. Target and the Container Store Rock!!
Enforced captivity within my own house finally made me open my eyes to home clutter that I was living with. The problem was that now that I finally noticed it, I was helpless to do anything about it except stare helplessly as the home clutter started multiplying. So as I sat and watched the antics of the home clutter, I started re-evaluating my life. My priorities which I had once thought in order, were really very skewed. Or so I thought. Now, with more and more advanced hindsight I realize that my priorities were all in the right place; it was just my will power which was lacking. I decided to give it a push-start. [Read more...]
As a professional organizer I work with women and seniors clearing clutter in their kitchens. This is a problem room for many people. Clearing clutter can be done pretty easy if it is done a little at a time and isn’t allowed to get out of control.
One great idea that works well in clearing clutter in kitchens is to have a place for everything and after using them put the items away in their “homes”.
Another idea in clearing clutter in the kitchen is to start in one small space instead of going cupboard to cupboard and drawer to drawer trying to organize everything at once. [Read more...]