How to choose a professional organizer?
1. Search for a professional organizer online. Most professional organizers are listed online. Take a look at their web site thoroughly to learn as much as possible about them and their quality of work.
2. Call them if they list their phone number. Talking to them on the phone will help you to narrow down your choice. Ask a few questions. This will help you to get an idea if you can work with them. If you do not have a good feeling after your call then move on to the next organizer choice.
3. Be sure to seek a specific type of professional organizer if you have a specialized type of project. Many organizers specialize in one particular type of organization, for example, office organization or business organization.
4. Make sure their services are in your budget. Ask how much they charge per hour. Most organizers charge an hourly rate that ranges from $45 to $200 per hour. The higher their price the more specialized their field of expertise. Many organizers accept check, cash, paypal and credit cards.
5. Be sure to find out all of the professional organizer’s policies of service. Most policies can be found on their website.
6. Make sure you are hiring an organizer with experience. I think it takes at least 5 years to get a handle on professional organizing. The more experience they have with working with different types of clients the more likely they will aim to please you and not follow their own cookie cutter way of organizing. Organizing does take creative thinking skills and thinking outside the box from time to time.